08:00am - 05:00pm
Program Comm Training Retreat
It is not too late!! If you are interested in participating in the our Sunday programs, contact Rev. Sarah before Aug. 5th!!
The committee will be working with the book https://www.amazon.com/Shared-Pulpit-Sermon-Seminar-Paperback/dp/1558967222. While not all of you will want to write and lead a sermon, the book lays the groundwork for being able to be determine whether something is a going to be a good Sunday service and how to help others plan an excellent service. It has 8 main chapters. Sarah's goals this next year are to:
1) Have people sign up for the services they want to assist with at the beginning of the year (at the retreat) through January and to have another sign up for February- June.
2) Have each Sunday "team" do logistics planning as a smaller group via e-mail, short meetings, or phone calls.
3) Utilize 6 Saturdays to learn together and reflect on our work--how our service have impacted each other and our community. These would be something like 9:30-11:30 a.m. Some of this will be practicing and reviewing, some will be working with the book we are using.
4) Continue to hold focus groups via the Committee on Shared Ministry to give us congregational feedback.
5) develop an "emergency service plan" for unexpected illness/absence of the team leader.